Presto Insta-Shops are run in batches (similar to a SASSIE autosession). To set up a batch, go to Setup -> Batches. On this page, you'll see the following:
- All active batches for your companies. You can filter this by company, and also choose to display deactivated batches (helpful if you want to run a program similar to one you've done in the past, because you can copy and edit an old batch).
- Buttons to create a new batch, add funds to the currently selected company and move funds between companies.
- Available funds and credits for all your companies. Remember, if the currently selected company does NOT have funds and credits, your shop pins will not appear on the Presto map and cannot be done by shoppers.
Creating a batch: the basic settings
To create your batch, click Create New Batch. On the next page, enter the required batch settings;
- Batch name. Enter something descriptive, to distinguish it from your other batches.
- Survey. The survey that will be used for these shops.
- Contact email. This email address is displayed on communications to the shoppers. The address must belong to a verified Presto account.
- Total number of shops. Use this setting if you want a set number of shops and do not want to shop all locations. If you want to shop every location, leave this blank.
- Number of shops per location. Use this setting if you want a certain number of shops at each location.
- Shopper pay. The fee paid to the shopper. Unless you set up reimbursements in the Additional batch settings (below), the shopper pay is inclusive of any expenses. Make sure to include any expense amounts in the shopper pay OR as additional reimbursable amounts, and factor this in when allocating funds to a project.
Click Create Batch to continue to the full batch settings page.
Additional batch settings
In the batch settings page, you can activate the new batch, but you'll probably want to change some of the other settings first -- and you definitely want to look at all of them, especially the ones in red! Those are settings that are used in most batches.
WARNING! If you change a batch setting, you must SAVE it!
Notes (displayed as This batch does not have any notes if not configured. Notes are helpful -- after a while, you'll have a lot of batches (we hope!), and notes help you keep track of what each batch was for.
Maximum shopper reimbursement (displayed as Shoppers will not be reimbursed if not configured. If this is set, you can add one or more number questions to your survey and designate them as reimbursement amounts (please contact our support department for assistance in setting this up). Shoppers will be paid the shopper pay amount (above) plus the total of all reimbursement amount questions, up to the limit specified by this setting.
Rewards (displayed as Shoppers will not be given rewards if not configured). This setting is used for Liveshops, where the shopper will receive a reward (for example, a coupon or small gift card) rather than a cash payment. For more information, see our article on Liveshops.
Batch start date (displayed as No batch start date assigned if not configured). This is the date and time that your batch's pins will appear on the Presto map and can be claimed by shoppers. All times are US/Eastern, so adjust to your timezone to make sure your pins show up when you want. If you don't set a batch start date, your pins appear as soon as you make the batch active.
Batch edit date (displayed as Shops will be editable as soon as they're on the map if not configured).. This is the starting date and time that shops can be filled out. If you don't set this, then shops can be edited as soon as they're claimed. Setting a batch edit date allows shoppers to claim shops in advance, but lets you control when they can start to fill them out.
Number of times each location can be shopped (displayed as Each location in this batch can be shopped any number of times if not configured). In most cases, you'll want to limit this!
Time limit, in minutes, to complete the shop. By default, this is set to 480 minutes (8 hours) and displayed as Shoppers will have 480 minutes to complete the shop after it becomes editable (claim or batch start time, whichever is later). The timer works as follows:
If there is no batch edit date, or the batch edit date is in the past, the timer starts running as soon as the shopper claims (self-assigns) the shop
If there is a batch edit date in the future, the timer starts at the batch edit date
If the shopper does not complete the shop before the timer expires, the shop is considered Abandoned, the pin goes back on the map, and the shop can be claimed by another shopper.
- Map pin appearance (under Here's what your map pins will look like to shoppers). You can specify what will be displayed in the header (the first thing the shopper sees if they click on the pin) and the details (what the shopper sees when the click on Details). Choices are: survey name, company name, batch name, location ID and/or location name. The location address and "additional info" is always displayed.
- Short description (displayed as This batch does not have a short description if not configured). This is a short text description, displayed in the pin header, to give shoppers summary information about the shop.
- Batch end date (displayed as No batch end date assigned. Pins will remain on the map until completed or manually disabled if not configured). This is the date and time that any remaining pins are taken off the map. If you don't set a batch end date, the batch runs and the pins stay on the map until all shop limits have been reached or you run out of funds.
- Maximum simultaneous incomplete claimed shops per location (displayed as Incomplete claimed shops per location are only limited by shop limits if not configured) and Minimum seconds between completion and claim (displayed as No minimum time between completion and claim if not configured). These two settings are used if you want multiple shops at the same location in this batch, but need a minimum time between shops. If you wish to do this, set the maximum simultaneous incomplete claimed shops per location to 1 (so that only one shop may be in progress at a given location at one time), and set the minimum seconds between completion and claim to the time that you want between the time that the first shop is completed (report is submitted) and when the pin appears on the map to allow a shopper to claim the second shop.
- Number of shops per shopper per location (displayed as Each shopper can shop each individual location in this batch as much as they want if not configured). This does not override the number of times each location can be shopped (6 above): if you have set a limit of one shop per location, obviously each shopper can only shop each location once.
- Number of shops per shopper (displayed as Each shopper can shop as many times in this batch as they want if not configured). This limits the total number of shops each shopper can do on this batch. It does not apply to other shops that the shopper may do on other batches, even if they're for the same company and survey.
- Shopper age limits (displayed as No minimum shopper age and No maximum shopper age if not configured)
- Shopper gender (displayed as Shoppers gender: Any Gender if not configured).
Guidelines (displayed as No extra guidelines if not configured). These are not strictly required, but unless your shop is very simple, it’s important to have them. Some requirements (time limit, pay, shop location) are displayed automatically, so you don’t need to add them to the guidelines, but any other requirements that aren’t obvious, plus a general description of the task, brief description of the product, etc. are helpful. If the shop requires the shopper to verify their location, you may want to mention in the guidelines that an Android or iOS smartphone is required. If you have lengthier guidelines, please contact our support department - we'd be happy to create a shopper guide in our knowledge base for you!
Location group (displayed as Shops in this batch are not restricted to a single location group if not configured). If you do not specify, the batch includes all the company’s locations (except disabled ones).
Batch group (displayed as This batch is not in a batch group if not configured). Batch groups allow you to impose additional restrictions that apply to multiple batches together (for example, a shopper may perform one shop per location in any one batch, but is also restricted by the batch group to only perform one shop per location across several batches).
Public/private batch: if a batch is public, its pins show on the public Presto map and can be claimed by any shopper. If you want to restrict shops to certain shoppers, change this setting to Private and send your shoppers the private map link from the batch settings page. Some accounts (Presto Preferred Provider) also have a third option, Company Private, which means that the batch's pins will show on the private map AND on the company-specific map (the map of all shops for this client company).
NOTE: even if you plan to post your shops to the public Presto map, we recommend using a private batch FIRST to make sure that your map pins are showing as you want them to, and that your guidelines look all right - just switch the batch back to public when you're ready.
Once you have created your batch and tested your batch settings (and as long as you've funded your shops), you're ready to go live! Next step: reviewing your completed Insta-Shops!